The History of the Johnson County Medical Society
The "Original Laws and Constitution, Johnson County Medical Society" is a bound, green leather ledger book. The cover page is on the stationary of F. F. Greene, M.D., whose office was located in Room No. 11, Dow Building, Corner Park and Chestnut Streets, Olathe, Kansas. This cover sheet is dated "10-30-190_"; the edge has warn away and the last number is not there.
Although minutes from before 1959 were not kept, parts of the Society's history has been brought out by Dr. George Mazer, a member of the Society since 1939.
Since 1959, members have seen many changes in the way that the Society operates. Some of these changes included, the addition of telephones (Sept. 1959), the construction of a medical library (1961), the opening of the Shawnee Mission Hospital (1962), and the first publication of the newsletter, Proceedings, (1963).